As a recipient of Food Stamps in the state of Texas, it is always important you know your current EBT Card Balance as it will help you to manage & plan out your grocery purchases throughout the month until next time your EBT card is being refilled. In this article are different ways to Check Texas Food Stam Balance.
The Texas Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is responsible for administering the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), also known as the Food Stamp Program in Texas. SNAP provides food assistance benefits to those that have been deemed as eligible through a plastic EBT card.
The Texas EBT Card, also known as the Loan Star Card is a debit-like card that can be used approved grocery stores to redeem food stamp benefits.
Like I said earlier, they are different ways to check how much you have on your card. To know how to check Texas EBT Card balance, follow the step guide below:
Texas EBT Card Balance Checking Guideline
- One of the quickest and easiest ways to know the current balance on your Texas EBT card is to look on your grocery receipt. You will find the remaining available EBT balance on your Texas EBT Card at the bottom left of your receipt.
- Another way to know how much you have on your card is to call the EBT customer service phone number. You can call the EBT customer service phone number 1-800-777-7328. But before you call, make sure you have your card available, because your card number will be required to check the balance.
- Lastly, you can Check Texas Food Stamp Balance by visiting the EBT edge website (www.ebtedge.com). Then enter your card number to be able to log in. Once you are logged in, you can review your account information, see transaction history and as well check your card balance.
How To Report Lost Or Stolen Texas EBT Card – Replace Your Lost Texas EBT Card
Without your Texas or lone star EBT Card, you cannot access your SNAP benefits. If you lost or misplace your EBT Card, you need to request a new card right away to prevent potential food stamp fraud. If someone has your Texas food stamp card, they may be able to purchase food items using your SNAP benefits.
So to be on a safer side, follow the steps below to learn
How To Report Lost Or Stolen Texas EBT Card
To Report Lost, Damaged Or Stolen Texas EBT Card, You are to forward your report either to the EBT help desk or to the Texas Health and Human Services Commission.
- Call the Lone Star Card Help Desk at 1-800-777-7328. If you have a hearing or speech disability, call 7-1-1 or any relay service. What number do I call if I have questions about my application or benefit amount? Call your local HHSC benefits office or 2-1-1.
- You can request a replacement Texas Lone Star Card online by clicking here.
- You can report Texas food stamp fraud by calling 800-436-6184 or 512-973-9203.
- Mailing Address: P.O. Box 149024, Austin, TX 78714-9024
We hope you found this article beneficial! If you have any questions about your Texas Loan Star Card or need additional help on how to check your Texas EBT Card balance, please let us know in the comments section below.